- Clone: unknown on own roots
- Vineyard: Jurassic Park (10′ x 8′ Spacing)
- Soil Series: Arnold sand
- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Harvest date: September 9, 2016
- Brix at harvest: 21.0 brix
- Fermentation: Barrel fermented in neutral French oak 228l barriques.
- Barrels: 100% french oak barrels (four or more years old)
- Aging: eight months in barrel
- Production: 241 Cases
- Growing season: Typical Santa Barbara season outside of an early bloom and fruit set. The lingering draught has affected “normal” years in that regard. September typically being our warmest month, our grapes were not effected by late season heat due to the crop load and early harvest date. Total degree days just over 2000 and annual rainfall of 11.79”(77% of historical average).
Hand harvested and sustainably grown; Whole cluster pressed to tank. Settled 48 hours prior to racking to barrel. Fermented on the native yeasts, followed by full malolactic by naturally occurring bacteria. No sulfur used at pressing. Aged in neutral French oak barrels for 8 months. Racked once prior to hand bottling. Total of 41 ppm so2 added without filtration in keeping with our minimalist (lo-fi) philosophy.
Ingredients: Hand harvested, sustainably farmed grapes, indigenous yeast, naturally occurring lactic acid bacteria and minimum effective SO2.
Available in our shop.