- Clone: 332 on 3309 and Massal on own roots
- Vineyard: Coquelicot Estate (10′ x 6′ Spacing) Clos Mullet (5′ x 5′ Spacing)
- Soil Series: Chamise loam (Coquelicot Estate) and Botella Clay Loam (Mullet)
- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley and Los Alamos
- Harvest date: August, 2016
- Brix at harvest: Average 20.50 brix
- Fermentation: Barrel fermented 228l barriques.
- Barrels: 100% french oak barrel (four or more years old)
- Aging: Five months neutral French oak 228l barrique.
- Growing season: Typical Santa Barbara season outside of an early bloom and fruit set. The lingering drought has affected “normal” years in that regard. September typically being our warmest month, our grapes were not effected by late season heat due to the crop load and early harvest date. Total degree days just over 2000 and annual rainfall of 7.72”(48% of historical average).
Hand harvested and sustainably grown; Whole cluster pressed to tank. Settled 24 hours prior to racking to barrel. Fermented on the native yeasts, followed by partial malolactic by naturally occurring bacteria. No sulfur used at pressing. Upon completion of primary fermentation the wine was topped for aging and 25 ppm so2 added. The wine was racked once prior to hand bottling. Total of 40 ppm so2 added prior to a course filtration.
Ingredients: Hand harvested, organically farmed grapes, indigenous yeast, naturally occurring lactic acid bacteria and minimum effective SO2.