- Clone: 4 on 5BB rootstock
- Vineyard: Coquelicot Estate (10′ x 6′ Spacing) Certified CCOF Organic
- Soil Series: Positas fine sandy loam over clay and gravel
- Appellation: Santa Barbara County
- Harvest date: September 15, 2016
- Brix at harvest: 20.3 brix
- Fermentation: Whole cluster. 100% natural primary and secondary; pressed after 10 days.
- Barrels: 100% french oak barrels (four or more years old)
- Aging: Ten months in barrel.
- Production: 224 Cases
- Growing season: Typical Santa Barbara season outside of an early bloom and fruit set. The lingering draught has affected “normal” years in that regard. September typically being our warmest month, our grapes were not effected by late season heat due to the crop load and early harvest date. Total degree days prior to harvest were just over 2000 and the yearly rainfall total was 11.79” (77% of historical average).
Hand harvested and organically grown; not de-stemmed, crushed by foot once daily after which the top was again sealed and the fermenter was gassed. Fermented on the native yeasts, followed by full malolactic by naturally occurring bacteria. No sulfur used at crusher. The wine was racked twice prior to hand bottling. Total of 35ppm so2 added without filtration in keeping with our minimalist (lo-fi) philosophy.
Ingredients: Hand harvested, organically farmed grapes, indigenous yeast, naturally occurring lactic acid bacteria and minimum effective SO2.
Available in our shop.