- Clone: Coquelicot Estate: 332 and Tinaquaic on 3309 rootstock / Clos Mullet: Massal Selection own roots
- Vineyard: Coquelicot Estate (10′ x 6′ Spacing) / Clos Mullet (5′ x 5′ Spacing
- Soil Series: Ballard gravelly fine sandy loam Clos Mullet – Chamise shaly loam
- Appellation: Santa Barbara County
- Harvest date: August 31- september 28, 2016
- Brix at harvest: Average 20.50 brix
- Fermentation: Whole cluster carbonic. 100% natural primary and secondary; pressed after 8 days.
- Elevage: 95% Tank 5% neutral oak barrique
- Aging: 6 months
- Growing season: Typical Santa Barbara season outside of an early bloom and fruit set. The lingering drought has affected “normal” years in that regard. September typically being our warmest month, our grapes were not affected by late season heat due to the crop load and early harvest date. Total degree days just over 2000. Rainfall total 11.79” (77%- of historical average).
Hand harvested and organically grown; not de-stemmed or crushed. Pumped over once daily after which the top was again sealed and the fermenter was gassed using carbon dioxide. Fermented on the native yeasts, followed by full malolactic by naturally occurring bacteria. The wine was fermented for eight days then pressed to tank, settled, then racked to tank and barrel. Racked twice prior to bottling.Total Of 35 ppm so2 added without filtration in keeping with our minimalist (lo-fi) philosophy.
Available in our shop.