- Clone: Massal on own roots
- Vineyard: Clos Mullet (5′ x 5′ Spacing)
- Soil Series: Chamise loam
- Appellation: Santa Barbara County
- Harvest date: August 21, 2016
- Brix at harvest: 20.2 brix
- Fermentation: 100% Carbonic Maceration.
- Barrels: 100% french oak barrel (four or more years old)
- Aging: two months neutral French oak 228l barrique.
- Production: 25 Cases
- Growing season: Typical Santa Barbara season outside of an early bloom and fruit set. The lingering draught has affected “normal” years in that regard. September typically being our warmest month, our grapes were not effected by late season heat due to the crop load and early harvest date. Total degree days just over 2000 and annual rainfall of 7.72”(48% of historical average).
Hand harvested and organically grown; Fermented on the native yeasts, followed by full malolactic by naturally occurring bacteria. No sulfur used at harvest. Eight days carbonic maceration in stainless steel vat after which wine was transferred to barrel. No press juice was added. The wine was racked once prior to hand bottling. Total of 30 ppm so2 added without filtration in keeping with our minimalist (lo-fi) philosophy.
Ingredients: Hand harvested, sustainably farmed grapes, indigenous yeast, naturally occurring lactic acid bacteria and minimum effective SO2.